Learn about Xeo Quyt tourist area
Heroic past history
Xeo Quytis the Revolutionary base (from 1960-1975) of the Dong Thap Provincial Party Committee leading the resistance against the American people. During the journey of the resistance, Xeo Quyt suffered a lot of bombs and storms of enemies. But with the national spirit, courage, enduring the danger and ingenuity, the Dong Thap army and people turned the situation, overcoming difficulties, bringing victory to their homeland and the country.
The feeling of pride in a glorious base area of the army and people of Dong Thap will come to anyone who has ever seen and witnessed:
- The personal fortifications are L-shaped.
- Z-shaped fighting fortifications were excavated with earth and cajuput trees.
- Shacks, kitchens, meeting rooms …
- Or the “landslide dumps” with a grenade against helicopters poured troops and infantry tanks into the base.
Drop yourself into the flow of unspoiled nature, listen to the echoes of birds, murmuring water, forest music, tourists not only stray into a rich natural area but also relive the scene of war the old quarters when witnessing fortifications, bomb shelters, secret bunkers … were restored intact as before.
During the anti-American period, there were more than 10 enemy garrison around here, forming a closed circle. In 1992,Xeo Quyt was recognized as a national historical monument.
Xeo Quyt basewith an area of about 50 hectares, including 20 hectares of primitive Melaleuca forest, belongs to 2 communes My Hiep and My Long, Cao Lanh District, Dong Thap Province.
Biodiversity is another interesting trait that attracts tourists to experiences. Old cajuput carpets and reef and water hyacinth populations are the two types that are almost no longer found in other areas of Dong Thap Muoi, other than Tram Chim National Park. Many melaleuca trees with a lifespan of more than 30 years rise high in the sky, along with vines that surround the green, forming giant conical blocks proud.
AtXeo Quyt,there are 170 species of plants (with 158 wild species) and 12 species of woody plants, though not rare, but are adapted to submerged conditions. The fauna consists of 200 wild species including 7 species of amphibians, 22 reptiles, 73 fish species, 91 species of birds and 7 species of animals.
Especially, there are 13 rare and precious animal species recorded in the Vietnam Red Book: python, tiger snake, box turtle, broad-barked bird and common otter …
Guide to visit Xeo Quyt
VisitingXeo Quytin the dry season, you will crept along the winding trails longer than 1.5 km under cool melaleuca canopy to get deep in the base. In the water season, on the dinghy, the guerrilla women, the bandanna, and the ear-shaped hat bring tourists through the small untouched canals to the hidden relics in the vast melaleuca forest.
In addition, Xeo Quyt also captivates visitors with a play area, a 25-hectare picnic area with canals, fields, lotus ponds … forming a complex with many educational games and education. Interesting practical experience.
In particular, at night visitors can swept the paddles on the river immersed in the peaceful scenery of the countryside, listening to the smooth sentences of Dong Thap girls, the songs of sweet amateurs that are boldly Southern. …
If you go into the lotus season, you will be able to see a beautiful natural picture of Dong Thap Muoi.
An interesting point when coming to Xeo Quyt is that visitors will be able to “go fishing on boats”, swinging on dinghy along the Melaleuca forest to remove pestles to catch fish and shrimp, … the products will be collected by the people. methods of processing into specialties such as: catfish fried with mango sauce, steamed snail …
Cuisine here is also very rich: Grilled snakehead fish, baked ham, eel cooked with sour, grilled frogs, … What is more interesting when you just use rice and enjoy and exchange traditional music, then self by exploring visiting primeval Melaleuca forest, entertaining fishing, or hammock lying under the canopy of the Melaleuca forest and the silky green …
After visiting, resting, visitors can learn how to weave household items such as shopping baskets, book shelves … from water hyacinth (water hyacinth) dried.
Road to Xeo Quyt tourist area
From Ho Chi Minh City to Dong Thap (Cao Lanh or Sa Dec), you can go by:
- Motorbikes, autonomous cars:by route QL1 or Trung Luong highway to Tan An, Long An, then turn right on QL62, then follow the instruction board to Cao Lanh city. Or go in the direction of My Tho, through Cai Be to Sa Dec city.
– From Cao Lanh city, you follow Highway 30 – go to the right intersection of My Long Commune, then turn left to provincial road 650, go another 6km to Xeo Quyt tourist area.
– From Sa Dec city, you go to Mieu Trang ferry – go to Mieu Trang bridge – go to the intersection of My Long commune, then turn right along provincial road 650, go another 6km to Xeo Quyt tourist area.
– View map detailshere.
- Passenger cars:depart from the Western bus station or car stations on Le Hong Phong road – the destination is Cao Lanh bus station or Sa Dec bus station located right near the city center. Suggesting restaurants such as Phuong Trang, Phu Vinh Long … time to travel about 3 hours 30 minutes, ticket price is about 100,000 VND / person.
From the bus station, you can catch a taxi or motorbike taxi for another 6m to Xeo Quyt tourist area.
Address: Hamlet 4, My Hiep Commune, Cao Lanh District, Dong Thap
Phone number: (067) 3910 297
Opening hours: 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Admission: 10k / person
- Fishing: 150k / person
- Boat trip: 15k / person
- Parking (if traveling separately): 3k / car