An Giang province has the largest population and area No. 4 (after Kien Giang, Ca Mau and Long An province) in the Southwest region (also known as the Delta Long). Vietnam. Part of An Giang is located in Long Xuyen quadrangle.
An Giang is a province in the first six in South America (South America mainland provinces) into independent Nguyen Dynasty, established in 1832 under the reign of King Minh Mang. An Giang province is dissolved under the French regime and then the government was re-established Republic of Vietnam, existed from late 1956 to the present day.
Floating market in Mekong Delta
July 2013, An Giang is the province’s first Mekong Delta has 2 cities and provinces of Chau Doc Long Xuyen. Long Xuyen city located on the banks of the Hau River, with traditional cultural characteristics of a western city with floating markets and many other scenic monuments. City Chau Doc as border city, famous for its monuments and landscapes cluster in Sam Mountain. Currently, the provincial capital of An Giang province is located in the city of Long Xuyen
1. Things to keep in mind when travel to An Giang
West is characterized by a mild climate, cool, windy so as to travel here guests should not bring the kind of clothes to wear to keep warm as when travelers calendar in other cold regions which should bring clothes normal tourist.
You should bring a hat, jacket, sunglasses to avoid sun exposure.
When motorcyclists Guests need two mirrors Fitting enough for western CSGT notoriously very strict sanction …
When traveling west, you should refrain from carrying gold, silver and precious jewelry. Prepare cash and carry ATM.
2. Best time to go
The western province has a tropical monsoon climate with two seasons, rainy and dry season. Weather in An Giang climate suitable for tourists to visit all year round.
– In April you can participate in hunting fish watching tours on the river Vam Nao festival Ba Chua Xu Temple Sam Mountain.
– From May to October, An Giang often rainy.
– May 8, 9 is the flooding season and Bay Nui ox race festival in Tri Ton district or Tinh Bien district.
– From August to November here in floating season. If you’re traveling in this season will be felt profoundly the lives of the people of western though much harder but also more poetic and inspiring, but you also have to pay careful attention if not accustomed to floods .
The remaining time, in An Giang often sunny and hot, but the temperature is not too high, not hamper a tourist visit.